Broker Approval & Monitoring Specialist
The Broker Approval and Monitoring Specialist is responsible for the review and approval of all Broker Approval Packages. This includes initial and ongoing monitoring of the broker’s licensing status in each state in which the broker conducts business.
- Continuously review Broker Approval Packages for completeness upon submission from the mortgage broker.
- Contact the mortgage broker to obtain any missing information or documents and verify that the mortgage broker’s state license(s) is/are in good standing.
- Verify that all data in the approval package is consistent with the date in NMLS.
- Enter the mortgage broker’s information into the company’s LOS system.
- Establish a process for the annual review of the mortgage broker’s state licenses(s) to ensure that the mortgage broker remains eligible to submit loans to the company.
- Consistently respond to questions from mortgage brokers regarding their approval status with the company.
- Support Account Executives who have questions regarding one of their assigned mortgage brokers.
- Create reports for Account Executive’s detailing the names of all mortgage brokers in their respective territories who have not renewed their state license(s) and provide them with information regarding mortgage brokers that have been placed on a Watch or Suspended status, including the reason for the change in status
- 3 years of experience in the residential lending industry
- Knowledge of state licensing requirements pertaining to residential mortgage brokers in all 50 states plus Washington, DC
- Experience working with a LOS system and NMLS system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify and proactively resolve problems
- Experience with Microsoft suite
If you do not meet all of the requirements listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply! We carefully review every application and consider all projects, education, and certifications in addition to professional experience.
Emporium TPO is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be equally considered for employment regardless of age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, race, religion, veteran status, or disability.