May 24, 2022
We follow strict privacy guidelines to ensure that the information you provide to us always remains confidential. We take precautions to ensure the safety of your personal information and data. We have adopted the following policies and procedures to safeguard the personal information that we collect about you.
This policy discloses which information we collect and how we use it, as well as the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. We also explain how personally identifiable information that we may request will be used. We also detail below our security policy which describes how your personal information is protected both electronically and physically.
Our goal is to gather just enough information to fulfill the product or service you request of us, such as pricing or processing a submitted application. We collect information about you to help us serve your financial needs, to fulfill the product or service you requested and to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. Occasionally we gather additional necessary information from public records, credit bureaus, or approved business affiliates and partners.
Information You Provide: We collect information about you (“personal information”) and your use of our Site, some of which may or may not be personally identifiable. Personal information includes “personal information” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). The personal information we collect about you may include, but is not limited to:
- Identifying information, such as your name, age, address, phone number and social security number;
- Financial information such as income, credit history, payment history, information about your savings, investments and business, other debt information, or any other financial information;
- Employment and employment history;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (sex, race, ethnicity, age);
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Professional (or employment) related information;
- Education information; and
- Any other information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
We collect this information on applications and other forms you complete, through documents you submit or conversations you have related to the loan application you submitted.
We may also collect information from a variety of sources to process, underwrite or fund your loan. These sources may include, but are not limited to, employers, banks, title and escrow companies, insurance companies, and credit reporting agencies.
We may use the information that we collect from you to:
- Provide you with the requested product or servicing, including communicating with your mortgage broker to fulfill your request;
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, or other service-related purposes;
- Enabling our partners to communicate with you about the loan process, closing, and related services;
- Send you information about products or services that we think may be of interest to you;
- Carry out any specific purposes for which we have obtained your prior consent; or
- Conduct any other legitimate business activities not otherwise prohibited by law.
We may also use your information for business purposes such as:
- Fulfilling audits related to a current interaction with you or transaction conducted with you;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; or
- Performing services, including providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, providing financing, or providing similar services;
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active with us or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. We may share information about you with relevant and appropriate third parties in the following situations:
- To our service providers that perform functions on our behalf;
- To protect or enforce our rights or property, to protect your safety or the safety of others, or to investigate, prevent, or take action against fraud or other illegal activities;
- In response to legal process or as otherwise required by law;
- To conduct any other legitimate business activities not otherwise prohibited by law.
We retain all information in-house except when required to share it with our partners as a necessary function of the lending process. Such partners include title and escrow companies, appraisal services, our sub-servicer.
Who We Share With
Emporium TPO may share customer information to:
- Other Financial Companies for joint marketing of products or services pursuant to a contract with us
- Our Affiliates when transferring your loan in the secondary mortgage market
Emporium TPO Does Not Share With
- Our Affiliates for their everyday business purposes, including information about your transactions and experiences
- Our Affiliates to market products or services to you
- Non-affiliates to market products or services to you
Limiting our sharing
Federal law does not give you the right to limit our sharing under the above circumstances. State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
- If you have a joint account, your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
- When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
The security of your personal information is a top priority for us. To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
While we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security as no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Emporium TPO does not use online tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, tags, or pixels on its site. The site does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
When you contact us through our site, we gather the entered name, phone number, and email address. We collect this information for the sole purpose of responding to your inquiry and do not store the contact information.
Protecting Children's Privacy Online
Our sites and services are not intended for children under the age of thirteen (13). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).